SLA / EVOLVE
EXCELLENT SURFACE QUALITY.
Somos® EVOLVE is a newly developed stereolithography (SLA) material. The EVOLVE manufacturer, a Dutch company called DSM, the world’s largest producer of SLA materials, has developed a material that combines great mechanical properties, high-quality surface and easy finishing.
The parts made from EVOLVE have a look and feel that is practically indistinguishable from injection-moulded parts.
EVOLVE is an outstanding material for industries such as automotive, electricity, medical and house appliances, consumer goods and electronics.
The material is available in cream-white colour.
Properties of SLA parts made from EVOLVE:
- high strength and wear resistance
- dimensional stability
- high accuracy
- excellent surface quality
- easy finishing (mechanical processing, polishing, painting)
Physical properties of SLA parts made from EVOLVE:
- tensile modulus: 2964 N/mm²
- tensile strength: 57 N/mm²
- elongation at break: 11 %
- flexural modulus: 2,654 N/mm²
- heat deflection temperature at 0.45 mPa: 52 °C
- heat deflection temperature at 1.80 mPa: 50 °C
- hardness: 82 ShD
- density: 1.12 g/cm³
Material Data Sheet EVOLVE (EN)